Joel Durmois, herd owner of GAEC de la Bar in France, has reduced breeding costs thanks to robust and healthy ProCROSS cows.
Since the beginning of ProCROSS, the cows are more robust, and the health problems have disappeared. Also, the calving interval has decreased by 50 days to 380 days now.
“From my point of view, the biggest change is the culling rate. It has gone from over 40% to less than 30%, which allows me to use beef semen and reduce my breeding costs.”
- 35 ProCROSS cows / 50 beef cattle
- 250,000 litres of milk delivered
- 200 ha, of which 150 in grassland
- 34.6 kg/cow at 4.2% fat / 3.3% protein
- 209,000 somatic cell count
- 7 inseminations per pregnancy
- Winter ration from 20 September to 10 April and grazing the rest of the year